2019 Binghamton Business Plan Competition
The 10th Annual BLDC-EAP Business Plan Competition sponsored by the Binghamton Local Development Corporation (BLDC) and the Entrepreneurial Assistance Program (EAP) based at SUNY Broome Community College has started! This annual contest awards $5,000.00 cash on top of professional services to the best plan for developing a new business in the City of Binghamton!
- $5,000 Cash Prize from the BLDC
- 5 hours of accounting services: Davidson Fox & Co., Binghamton
- $500.00 of legal counsel: Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP
- One year membership in the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce
- $500.00 in sign creation services courtesy of 3i Graphics & Signs, Binghamton
- $500.00 in website services courtesy of FreshySites, Binghamton
- $500.00 in branding services courtesy of Idea-Kraft, Binghamton
- Brand & marketing strategy consultation courtesy of Rtistry By Design
- 3-months free co-working membership at the Koffman Southern Tier Incubator courtesy of Binghamton University and SUNY Broome
Previous winners include several highly successful businesses such as Parlor City Vegan, Tesorina Boutique, Next Wave Motors, FreshySites, Communikey, and Idea-Kraft. Parlor City Vegan specializes in vegan foods and cheeses at their new 81 Clinton Street eatery and takeout (opening soon!) Tesorina Boutique, a women's fashion store is located downtown and has just opened an online business; Next Wave Motors is pursuing intellectual patents for an electric motorcycle conversion kit; Communikey employs a marketing team of seven in downtown Binghamton; FreshySites has over twelve offices including its newly expanded Front Street Binghamton location; and Idea-Kraft has become a regional graphics creation and internet advertising design firm.
A free workshop will be offered before the start of the competition on Wednesday, March 27th at the Holiday Inn Arena, LaTasse Room from 5:00 - 8:00 PM. Participants in the workshop will get advice from bankers, small business advisors and successful entrepreneurs on how to write a business plan and present their ideas. Topics include writing a business plan, legal structure, marketing, funding sources and financial analysis. The workshop is open to all interested parties.
The deadline for applications is April 3rd. Finalists will present their business plans before a panel of judges made up of local business owners and leaders in professional industries such as banking and law. Those interested in attending the workshop and entering the competition are encouraged to review the online application and/or call the office of the Binghamton Local Development Corporation at (607) 772-7161 for more information and guidelines. Please check back for updates and additional information.