2019 Binghamton Business Plan Competition
Joe Rigoroso, owner of Infiniti Greens was the winner of the 10th Annual BLDC-EAP Business Plan Competition sponsored by the Binghamton Local Development Corporation (BLDC) and the Entrepreneurial Assistance Program (EAP) based at SUNY Broome Community College! This annual contest awards $5,000.00 cash on top of professional services to the best plan for developing a new business in the City of Binghamton. Finalists in the competition included: Microbella Cosmetics, Hay Day, Vedova A La Couverture, Enhance VR, Cruz Outdoors and Different Cloth Clothing. Please check back at this page for the return of the BLDC Business Plan Competition in Spring 2020.
The 10th Annual BLDC-EAP Business Plan Competition sponsored by the Binghamton Local Development Corporation (BLDC) and the Entrepreneurial Assistance Program (EAP) based at SUNY Broome Community College awarded $5,000.00 cash in addition to professional services for the best plan for developing a new business in the City of Binghamton. Prizes included:
- $5,000 Cash Prize from the BLDC
- 5 hours of accounting services: Davidson Fox & Co., Binghamton
- $500.00 of legal counsel: Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP
- One year membership in the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce
- $500.00 in sign creation services courtesy of 3i Graphics & Signs, Binghamton
- $500.00 in website services courtesy of FreshySites, Binghamton
- $500.00 in branding services courtesy of Idea-Kraft, Binghamton
- Brand & marketing strategy consultation courtesy of Rtistry By Design
- 3-months free co-working membership at the Koffman Southern Tier Incubator courtesy of Binghamton University and SUNY Broome
Previous winners include several highly successful businesses such as Parlor City Vegan, Tesorina Boutique, Next Wave Motors, FreshySites, Communikey, and Idea-Kraft. Parlor City Vegan specializes in vegan foods and cheeses at their new 81 Clinton Street eatery and takeout (opening soon) Tesorina Boutique, a women's fashion store is located downtown and has just opened an online business; Next Wave Motors is pursuing intellectual patents for an electric motorcycle conversion kit; Communikey employs a marketing team of seven in downtown Binghamton; FreshySites has over twelve offices including its newly expanded Front Street Binghamton location; and Idea-Kraft has become a regional graphics creation and internet advertising design firm.