Do you have video surveillance cameras at your home or business? Registering your camera not only helps deter crime, but assists the Binghamton Police Department in its overall crime prevention strategy in your neighborhood.
Video surveillance is one of the best methods for apprehending criminals and convicting suspects who are caught in the act of committing a crime. Installing video surveillance is a great example of how our residents and the Police can work together to make our neighborhoods safer.
Registration is simple and only takes about 10 minutes to complete. You will provide basic information and tell us where your cameras are located. There is no cost associated with registration and your information is confidential. You may delete your registration at any time.
HELP US MAKE YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD SAFER
REGISTER YOUR CAMERA BELOW!
The goal of the program is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Binghamton Police Department and the communities we serve. Accordingly, all registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Binghamton Police Department or other law enforcement agencies for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Relevant information is reserved for official use by the Binghamton Police Department or other law enforcement agencies and will not be released to any member of the general public or press.
- If necessary, the Binghamton Police Department or other law enforcement agency will contact you directly, using the information provided on this site, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the City of Binghamton and/or the Binghamton Police Department through the program.
- Under no circumstances shall the Binghamton Police Department utilize any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.
Submission of the form below indicates acceptance of the above terms and conditions.