City of Binghamton, New York

Event Permit


The issuance of an Event Permit may allow for the exclusive and reserved use of a designated area or portion of City property, including streets, parks or other public property, excluding carousels and pools, for concerts, festivals, weddings, processions, races, parades, protests, marches, block parties, fundraisers, sales, camping and/or other social gatherings. This section includes, but is not limited to, those activities which would allow the following:

  • The closure of one or more street for the purpose of limiting vehicular traffic;
  • The placement of platforms, stages, tents, tables, chairs and/or grandstands upon City property;
  • The operation of cooking apparatuses on City property;
  • The sale of food, beverages, goods and/or other merchandise on City property;
  • The consumption of alcohol on City property; and
  • Access to City electricity and/or water service. (You must contact DPW to set up service)

For more information on Event Permits, please review Chapter 327 of the Code of the City of Binghamton. 

Use of City Parks

If you wish to reserve a space at a City park for your event, please contact the Department of Parks & Recreation or Clerk's Office before submitting an Event Permit application to confirm availability. 


Submission of an Event Permit application does not guarantee approval of the event, the proposed location or any other details contained within the Event Permit application.

Any event with participants (including event staff/volunteers) of 5,000 or more, please visit the NYS Department of Health website to view the Part 18 permit:

Must be submitted 30 days prior to the event, otherwise $10 per day late fees will be added. NO EXCEPTIONS.