The City of Binghamton internships offers students an opportunity to work with one of New York's most progressive administrations, to experience local, municipal administration across a wide spectrum of constituent services, and to partner with residents and community leaders in restoring community vitality through focused, comprehensive neighborhood development.
Applications for Fall Semester are due no later than August 10th; Spring Semester due October 31st; and Summer Semester due March 31st.
To apply, please fill out the Internship Application located on the Employment page and either:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Mail to 38 Hawley Street, 4th Floor Office of Personnel, Binghamton, NY 13901, or
- Drop-off in person to the Office of Personnel.
*Please specify on the application which Department(s) you wish to intern with.
Enrolled in a college or university.
Dependent on the department:
- Attending, with a supervisor, a City of Binghamton authorized public event (i.e. press conference or community meeting)
- Policy anaylsis
- Research projects
- Attending board and commission meetings