To protect the health of our citizens & employees, Binghamton City Offices are closed until further notice.
The Department of Assessment is responsible for maintaining the public record of all parcels of realty within City of Binghamton boundaries. The primary function of the department is to prepare ad valorem valuations of real estate for tax assessing purposes.
- The tax roll of the City of Binghamton is established on a tentative basis as of May 1st each year, and the roll is finalized on July 1st each year.
- All exemption applications are due in the Assessment Office by March 1st of each year. For your convenience, the STAR exemption application is available in the document listing above.
- Taxable status date is March 1st of each year.
- Valuation Date is July 1st of the prior year.
- 2020 City of Binghamton Equalization Rate is 76.00
- 2020 City of Binghamton Residential Assessment Ration is 70.13
- The Department of Assessment will answer any questions relative to realty assessment.
Online Assessment & GIS Information
Assessment & GIS information are available here.
Exemption Application Forms
All exemption application forms and instructions are available on the New York State Department of Taxation website.
Homestead / Non-Homestead
The City of Binghamton currently has a two-tiered tax rate system for City & School Taxes. Homestead (H) properties are 1, 2, & 3 family properties & vacant residential land. Non-homestead (NH) properties are exclusive of 1, 2, & 3 family properties & vacant residential land. County tax does not have two-tiered tax rate system
Tax Rates for properties within the City are listed below. (please note: School Taxes are levied on September 1st of year prior to year listed)
|Year||City Tax (levied 01/01)||County Tax (levied 01/01)||School Tax (levied 09/01)|
|2021||21.920099(H) / 40.750133(NH)||9.268913|
|2020||21.922758(H) / 40.761629(NH)||9.155881||30.699261 (H) / 43.810047 (NH)|
|2019||22.627088(H)/ 41.072891(NH)||8.904269||29.903087 (H) / 42.754372 (NH)|
|2018||22.843959(H)/41.290304(NH)||9.032395||28.706379 (H) / 41.086928 (NH)|
|2017||23.380485(H)/42.012639 (NH)||8.784104||28.670076 (H) / 41.220773 (NH)|
|2016||23.447158(H) / 42.310531 (NH)||8.906687||28.625877 (H) / 41.282099 (NH)|
|2015||23.369412(H) / 42.328461(NH)||8.957851||28.150335 (H) / 40.584602 (NH)|
|2014||23.25219658(H) / 41.67282721(NH)||8.871260||27.868862 (H) / 40.179838 (NH)|
|2013||23.21682194 (H) / 41.26967947 (NH)||8.522972||26.893593 (H) / 38.788773 (NH)|
|2012||21.690058 (H) / 40.423750 (NH)||8.747927||26.393088 (H) / 38.072404 (NH)|
|2011||21.49766249 (H) / 39.80578826 (NH)||8.820697||25.516503 (H) / 36.887395 (NH)|
|2010||20.865225 (H) / 37.235052 (NH)||8.357835||24.7865650 (H) / 35.783381 (NH)|
All tax bills for properties within the City of Binghamton are printed, mailed and collected by Broome County. For information on payment options please go to the Broome County Real Property website.