The City of Binghamton internships offers students an opportunity to work with one of New York's most progressive administrations, to experience local, municipal administration across a wide spectrum of constituent services, and to partner with residents and community leaders in restoring community vitality through focused, comprehensive neighborhood development.
Applications for Spring Semester are due November 16th. To apply, please fill out the Internship Application located on the Employment page and either:
- Email to email@example.com, or
- Mail to 38 Hawley Street, 4th Floor Office of Personnel, Binghamton, NY 13901, or
- Drop-off in person to the Office of Personnel.
*Please specify on the application which Department(s) you wish to intern with. Please note we cannot guarantee placement.
Enrolled in a college or university.
Dependent on the department:
- Attending, with a supervisor, a City of Binghamton authorized public event (i.e. press conference or community meeting)
- Policy anaylsis
- Research projects
- Attending board and commission meetings