City of Binghamton, New York

City Clerk

This is a test.

Outdoor Cafe Permit

An Outdoor Cafe Permit allows the owner of a restaurant, bar or tavern to use public property for cafe purposes, from March 1st to November 30th during the year in which the permit was issued. 

In order to receive the Security Deposit back, please complete the asterisk marked spots on the claim for payment form and return it to our office.

Event Permit


The issuance of an Event Permit may allow for the exclusive and reserved use of a designated area or portion of City property, including streets, parks or other public property, excluding carousels and pools, for concerts, festivals, weddings, processions, races, parades, protests, marches, block parties, fundraisers, sales, camping and/or other social gatherings. This section includes, but is not limited to, those activities which would allow the following:

Transient Retail Merchant Permit

A transient retail business is defined as a business which is conducted in a store, hotel, motel, house, building or structure for the sale and retail of goods, wares or merchandise, excepting food products, and which is intended to be conducted for a temporary period of time and not permanently. Individuals wishing to operate a business of this type must obtain a Transient Retail Merchant Permit. 

Stationary Pushcart Permit

The Code of the City of Binghamton currently allows for six individual Stationary Pushcart Vendors to operate within the City of Binghamton at designated locations. For information on which locations are available, please contact the City Clerk's Office. 

For more information on Stationary Pushcart Vendor Permits, please review Chapter 307 of the Code of the City of Binghamton. 


Subscribe to RSS - City Clerk