City of Binghamton, New York

Public Works

The curbs in front of my house have deteriorated over the years. Will the City replace these?

When a street is scheduled for reconstruction, curbs, sidewalks, underground utilities, and the road surface are all replaced as part of the project.  Generally speaking however, curbs and sidewalks are the responsibility of the property owner as stated in the City Ordinance.  The Engineering Department offers a 50 - 50 rebate program, for which residents must sign up.  The City then pays 50% of the cost for curb and/or sidewalk replacement and the property owner pays ther other 50%.


Subscribe to RSS - Public Works